Origin are pleased to present the position of Head of Built Environment for a market-leading provider of wall, roof, and landscaping products. The business is a worldwide operation, and trading results for the UK itself are extremely positive.
The role is responsible for delivering cost & carbon emission improvements in products, delivering an effective BIM strategy inside & outside the company, and overseeing further technological improvements related to product and process.
The role is based in Manchester, and will require a reasonable degree of travel throughout the UK in order to fulfil business requirements.
- Responsible for linking the firm’s product development current industry requirements, and playing a critical steering role in the way the company approaches the market with product and services.
- Able to contribute, influence and take responsibility for the company’s technical approach to market.
- Attend client meetings, as well as internal board meetings.
- Provide solutions in line with current & upcoming sustainability and environmental issues – and in doing so deliver market leading designs and concepts to clients
- Maintaining and updating understanding of UK Building Regulations and Design Principles.
- Provide a transformational leadership style to promote teamwork, open communication, can do attitude, and a culture of continuous improvement, identifying training needs for self and team.
- Able to demonstrate a broad and current knowledge of the UK building industry – displaying expertise with regards to sustainability, thermal performance, water efficiency, environmental, and other related design principles that could guide the products and services offered by the company.
- BIM Level 2 qualification
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills are required as the role will involve influencing and determining product/firm direction at a strategic level.
- Ideally be a chartered building professional – e.g. Architect, Engineer, Building Surveyor etc.
- Full UK Driving licence with the ability to travel throughout the UK and overseas
If you feel that you can add value to this business, in this role, please get in touch with Stephen McNaughton in full confidence, on 0141 530 9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org